123D Make update history
Find the entire 123D Make release history here. Click an update from the list below to get more info:
Version 1.4 for Windows and Mac / January 6, 2014.
- Improved dowel controls. We’re excited to announce this highly requested feature! You can now manually add, subtract, and move the dowels that help align models made with the Stacked Slice technique.
- DXF unit export. You can now specify mm or inch as the exported DXF file’s units. EPS and PDF retain their original units of inches.
- Go Premium. You can now upgrade your 123D account to Premium status as an in-app purchase.
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.3 for Windows and Mac / October 3, 2013.
- Updated 3D view controls. The Autodesk ViewCube is a 3D widget placed in the upper right corner of the window. When used as an orientation controller, the ViewCube can be dragged, or the faces, edges, or corners can be clicked on, to easily orient the scene to the corresponding view. When acting as an orientation indicator, the ViewCube turns to reflect the current view direction as the user re-orients the scene using other tools.
- Orthogonal view. View models squarely with no perspective by clicking the eye icon.
- New export method. You can now export your panelized model as a complete STL or OBJ without slicing it. Think of it as applying a “faceting filter” to a model, just choose “Folded Panels” as the Construction Technique, tweak settings, then choose “Export Mesh…” from the main menu.
- New 3D Print utility. Access the new Autodesk 3D Print Utility from the “3D Print” menu to optimize your model for 3D printing. Hollow the model to save print time and material, position the model to minimize the support material, see a preview of the support material, and use adaptive thickening to adjust details that are otherwise too small to print.
- Layer optimizations. Numbering of individual slices on sheets has been made more intuitive, and DXFs are sorted into four layers: annotation, boundary, frame, hole.
- Bug fixes.
- Download v1.3 for Windows
Version 1.2.5 for Windows / May 16, 2013.
- The new Autodesk 3D Print Utility is now available from the “3D Print” menu item inside 123D Make.
- Use the 3D Print Utility to optimize a 3D model for printing.
- Hollow the model to save print time and material.
- position the model to minimize the support material required (and see a preview of the support material!)
- use adaptive thickening to adjust details that are otherwise too small to print.
- Download v1.2.5 for Windows